Sunday, January 9, 2011

a year of figure drawing

I thought it would be fun to document my year of figure drawing for 2010. I've posted photos below from each of my figure drawing adventures for the year. I noted below each one who the model was (there are a few whose names I don't have), the month it was drawn, and at what event. Most drawings were done in 20 minutes or less - a couple were longer. For the ones that were longer, I simply noted that it was a longer drawing. I did several drawing at most of the events represented below, and sometimes it was hard to choose - but I've tried to give you the best from each session.

All of the models at the Dr. Sketchy sessions are local burlesque dancers. Roxie Moxie (November) was a bit of a challenge because she has breast implants, which made her body look somewhat unnatural (in the drawing as well as in life).

Enjoy! As always, it's fun to see how my drawing has evolved over time.

Kitten La Rue @ Dr. Sketchy in January


Pyra Sutra @ Dr. Sketchy in February


Iva Handful @ Dr. Sketchy in March


Babette La Fave @ Dr. Sketchy in April


Tamara the Trapeze Lady @ Dr. Sketchy in May


Waxie Moon @ Dr. Sketchy in June


Lolita "Tatas" Valentino @ Dr. Sketchy in July


Two models @ the Little Red Art Studio in August


Sassy Delure @ Dr. Sketchy in September


Lydia McLane @ Dr. Sketchy in October


Roxie Moxie @ Dr. Sketchy in November


This was commissioned by Lori, as a present for Pat (both pictured), and was a longer drawing from a photo done in November


Guy @ a drawing class at the Frye Art Museum in December
This was a longer drawing
(yes, Guy is his name) ;)


Two models at Drawing Jam at Gage in December


Rosie Bits @ Dr. Sketchy in December

1 comment: